The role of Customer Onboarding Specialist is the front-line of the Customer Success team here at BetterHealthcare (BHC). Initially reporting directly to the Head of Customer Success, you’ll take ownership of these crucial first steps of our most important customers, helping them implement BHC suite of tools to solve for their business biggest challenges.
As a pivotal cross-functional role, you will partner with sales, customer success, product and engineering to ensure our customers are in a position to maximize the return on their BHC investment and build a strong foundation for future growth.
As an entry-level position, this is an opportunity to specialize and grow into additional responsibilities across customer success, sales, and/or marketing. As one of the first Customer Onboarding Specialist you will have an outsized impact on the company, shaping and developing the customer experience and the CS team as a whole. Specific responsibilities include onboarding new accounts, providing guidance for optimization of new accounts, periodic health check-ins of current accounts, customer advocacy, and strategic roll outs of new features for upselling.
This position has an emphasis on customer relationships and this individual will play a critical role in client retention and revenue growth. In order to keep customers on track and successful, superior organizational skills and keen attention to detail are required. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for connecting with people, helping customers leverage technology to grow their business, and conveying pertinent customer feedback to the BHC team to enhance the existing product line. A superb customer success representative is integral to the company’s growth and happiness.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Onboarding new accounts and training account staff members
- Understanding the product in depth to assist customers with questions, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Optimizing accounts by providing necessary tools and resources and keeping the customer on target to implement
- Performing data analysis for the customer, including understanding and reporting results and recommendations to the customer
- Acts as an advocate for the customer, collecting feedback and determining relevant feedback to lead/drive business/platform changes and decisions
- Work closely with the sales team for customer hand-offs
- Work closely with data and analytics team to obtain results needed for customer success
- Providing support to our customers via email/chat/phone support
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant internship experience in a similar role preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Office
- Manage multiple customers in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to support a variety of clients
- Passion for baseline analytic collection to help lead a culture shift of reporting to analysis and desire to help drive immediate improvement in business results based on the data
- Strong strategic skills and proactive problem-solver who can “think outside the box” with ability to recommend practical solutions
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to review deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established styles/standards
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to effectively communicate results/implications both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences regarding data analysis and recommendations
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity, and desire to succeed
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce) and customer service experience is a plus
And here is what's in it for you:
- Be a part of an exceptional team: our hiring bar is absurdly high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self-starters
- Reports to the Head of Customer Success
- Excellent benefits package, including health savings accounts and commuter benefits, discounts on select gym memberships, and annual subscription to One Medical, 401(k)
- Monthly team social activities and clubs
- Additional perks: lunch and snack perks, summer Fridays
- Regular job attendance is an essential job function. Currently, all employees are remote due to COVID-19, however, employees will be required to work from the office once it reopens.
- May be required to travel to various locations as needed (reliable transportation may be required)
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone and be available during evenings, weekends, and holidays. Frequency of rotation will vary depending on need/size of department
BetterHealthcare is a one-of-a-kind technology company that specializes in connecting the patient, provider, and payer through an interoperable platform. Our team is comprised of highly motivated individuals passionate about increasing and improving access to healthcare services. In the last year, we expanded from physical therapy into the Renal Care and Applied Behavior Analysis verticals, while simultaneously transforming our data collection and analysis capabilities. We led implementations of leading data tools, including Salesforce, Segment, Google Analytics, Snowflake, and Looker. This culminated in bringing a first-of-a-kind data product to the healthcare market that visualizes the patient experience from the time they decide to see a provider through the actual appointment. Through this information we are empowering our customers to better serve their patients and improve outcomes.